Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching a Breath

It's been two weeks since I arrived in Chicago. Two weeks since I've seen my beautiful family. Two weeks since I've hit the cider at Kelly's with my friends. No, really. I did hit the cider at Kelly's on my very last day in Sydney. I wasn't planning on leaving without a proper goodbye!
Anyway, it's been two weeks since I let go of my dependence and immaturity and decided to face this mental world on my own. But it's funny how life opens up a gaping hole of the surreal and the unknown yet hands you comfort and familiarity at the same time.

It is no coincidence that I ended up here. I know a lot of people don't believe in the cosmos, destiny and all the things the world teaches you to hate but I do. I do because logically, a lot of what has happened to me in the past two weeks does not make any sense but my heart feels its significance. Here I am every night sleeping in a home where the owners are laid back, loving and caring. They appreciate the arts and uphold very similar views on life as me. I cook them dinner and they share their stories and pass on their wisdom. After long days roaming the streets on my own, I come home and we spend the evenings listening to old music on reel-to-teel tape.

Which brings me to the next person that feels like home. After listening to music with my "faux parents", I'd get picked up by a real special person who drives me everywhere and holds my hand. I've never had that before and it's nice. And I don't think it's coincidental. I don't know what the purpose of it all is but it doesn't really matter. He is smart and crazy and fun and makes my stay in Chicago a little easier and less scary. Anyway, this person knows who he is and might get mad at me for writing this but I have to express it. Mainly because everyone bombarded me with questions when I changed my fucken relationship status on Facebook. Ha.

It's been two weeks since I thought I was gonna crash and burn the moment I arrived in this foreign country and despite the countless episodes where I've held my head in my hands and questioned everything, there has been equally the same amount of beautiful moments that make it all worthwhile.

But don't worry, Sydney. I'm definitely coming back because all you motherfuckers have been teasing me about beach weather.

All the best.

Love,

-S

2 comments:

  1. Lolwhut? You changed your relationship status on teh myface?

    Aww... yay Stono. Sounds awesome. I'm so glad you're getting to feel awesome and do all them teman istemewa type things. That seems what your doing.

    Yay yay yay. I hope my journey away from Sydney will bring similar teman istemewa things. Though I'm not going to expect it or hold it for it. If it happens, it happens, if not, that's ok, I've probably lost the skills to do that shit properly.

    But whatever, enough of me. Yay yay yay. Have lots of fun Stono and fuck shit up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha >_<

    This was quite a brilliant post dear!
    Hope you're still having fun.
    =)

    ReplyDelete