Monday, January 24, 2011

Midwestern Hospitality

Wisconsin to me is sitting in a living room, indirectly encouraging my friends to smoke more cigarettes. It's driving around in a Honda CRV named Yogi, chatting the day away and rapping.
Wisconsin is hair dye and bleach sessions until one in the morning with cookies and whiskey and a whole bunch of beautiful cats... in the kitchen. It's awkward moments, every single time. It's sleeping on a couch or in a decked out attic.
Wisconsin is where three kick-arse women reside. It's reppin' Chicago just because I'm in Madison. It's talking politics whilst trying to wake up at 2pm. It's getting hit on by boys who look twelve in BP - he asked for my ID and I thought: "You have got to be kidding right now, matey".
Wisconsin is coming home with a Jameson bottle filled with Jolly Ranchers, Gaza-themed card, Rhymesayers pin, tin of cookies, bunch of stickers and orange streaks through my hair.
Anyway, these experiences are never really explainable and this is my attempt at it but it doesn't even sound right. I just miss them already and I don't know what I'm going to do when they're twenty hours away instead of two.

-S

1 comment: