Monday, February 14, 2011

Just Keep Drinking Water and You'll Be Alright

Written: Sunday 13th February 2011

I tried really hard to experience Los Angeles but all I could think about was my friends - rather, my family - back in the Midwest and how this trip would be ten times more crazy and fun if they were all around. I was so bored and LA did nothing for me. I'm currently sitting at the airport and I have more than an hour until I hop on a plane to transfer in San Francisco. I don't know what to do. I can't even go anywhere for a cigarette and I've already said my very last goodbyes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see my friends and family back in Sydney but I feel like a large portion of my personal development was due to the fact that I actually left Sydney on my own terms and started a new life, in a new home. And that is what Chicago is to me - it is home.
Sometimes you make connections with a bunch of people and you are unable to comprehend an ending. I think that's because diving in head-first feels so good and the very first initiation into a new and beautiful relationship makes everything that was once systematic shut down. The very thought of you leaving makes you dizzy so you block it out without realising how detrimental that can really be.
I am exhausted and I can barely hold back tears. It's ridiculous because there is a chance that I'll be back anyway. When that is, I don't know but I do know I'll do anything for it.
It's good to be going back because I've missed everyone so much but I feel as though there is nothing in Sydney for me anymore. Nonetheless, I will try my hardest to make the most of being back in my home base and finding new ways to remain exhilirated.

From a very tired and somber Stono Caves, I would like to say "Goodbye" to the first leg of my journey across the world and "What's up?" to the next part.

Thank you.

-S

1 comment:

  1. This was very beautifully written and i hope you find things to be exhilarated from, but knowing you I believe you will. Love you lots. xxoxo

    ReplyDelete